I have a secret. I didn’t make the guacamole at home. I totally cheated and bought single serving packets of Wholly Guacamole in bulk at Costco. My obsession is really real. But if you’re wanting to make fresh, homemade guacamole, all you need to do is mash together an avocado, some garlic and sea salt, a little bit of lime juice, and some fresh cilantro. Cilantro optional, if you don’t have any on hand! Click to read more.
This little bowl has become somewhat of a staple in my life lately. I’ve been trying to cut back on the amount of processed oils I’m eating, and in order to keep eating enough fats, I’ve been eating a lot of nuts. Especially cashews.
This recipe is super flavourful, citrusy, garlicky, and doesn’t leave you feeling gross full. More like… Perfect full.
And yes… you can bake vegetables without using any oil. Only a sprinkle of sea salt.
I hope you enjoy this bowl as much as I do. And as always, I love hearing suggestions for recipes to try out, so please comment or tag me in your posts @labellesslife!
For the Bowl
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 cups kale
- 8 large cremini or button mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup guacamole (1 mashed avocado, lime juice, garlic, cilantro and salt)
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
For the Garlic Cashew Sauce
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in boiling water for 1 hour (or overnight)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4″ inch chips and slice red onion in half (remove peel). Sprinkle a little bit of salt on all of the veggies and cook until sweet potatoes are crispy on the outside, about 30 minutes. Flip halfway through. The onion will start to peel in the oven, that’s good!
- While the potatoes and onion are baking, prepare your garlic cashew sauce. In a blender or food processor (I use a NutriBullet and love mine!) blend together the cashews (drained and rinsed), lime juice, garlic, sea salt, and water. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Slice mushrooms. In a pan over medium-high heat, sauté mushrooms, garlic, and soy sauce until mushrooms are soft. Set aside in a bowl.
- Using the same pan, wilt 2 cups of kale and squeeze the juice of 1 lime overtop.
- Now that all of your fixings are ready, build your bowl, top it with cashew garlic sauce, and try not to go back for seconds!