Can you even count something that contains this much mayonnaise and has no greens as a salad? Whatever, I’m calling it a salad anyways! I hope you guys enjoy this “salad” on a hot, sunny, summer day. Maybe even with a cold beer or glass of white wine!
- 3 cups of frozen corn
- 3 avocados, sliced in half and pitted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400 mL black beans, canned
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayo, plant-based (Vegenaise is great, Hellman’s also sells a vegan version!)
- 2 thai chilis, minced
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 lime, fresh mint or cilantro, and chives for garnish
- Tortilla chips, optional
- In a cast iron pan over high heat, sauté the corn for 5 minutes in olive oil, then add the black beans and cook for another 10 minutes. Set aside in the fridge to cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the mayo, red onion, thai chilis, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, lime juice and fresh mint or cilantro.
- Add your corn and bean mixture to the spicy mayo blend and stir until fully coated.
- In the same cast iron pan on high heat, coat the pan with 1 tbsp olive oil and place your avocados skin down. Cook for 1-2 minutes until blackened, but don’t overcook them! Keep an eye on them.
- Top with fresh chives and a side of lime, and enjoy with some tortilla chips!