Looking for some serious comfort food? Look no further. This is comfort in a bowl. Sweet, salty onions matched with earthy mushrooms and creamy butter… Yep, that sounds like comfort to me!
Mushrooms and caramelized onions were my favorite part of eating steak, back when I used to do that. Since going plant-based, I haven’t had the chance to eat this delicious combo, but I’ve been craving it so much lately that I decided to (obviously!) try it with noodles, cause noodles are my fav. Enjoy!
- 450g dried spaghetti noodles
- 1 large white onion
- 12 white button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- salt + pepper, to taste
- Cook noodles to package, boiling for about 10-12 minutes.
- Slice the onion into thin rings, slice the mushrooms, and mince the garlic cloves.
- Sautee onion, mushrooms, and garlic on medium heat with 1/4 cup butter or oil until onions are soft, and brown/translucent. About 10 minutes.
- Add cooked noodles to the onions and mushrooms, add the remaining 1/4 cup butter or oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss until noodles are fully coated.
Enjoy with a slice of garlic toast and vegan parmesan! ❤