Hey friends! Happy Saturday!
It’s been an entire month since I’ve posted a recipe… I’ve been feeling so uncreative and uninspired lately in the kitchen – I’ve been eating the same meals over and over – sandwiches, avocado toast, Asian noodles, and (vegan) ice cream cake!
I started a new job two months ago and have been feeling super off my routine of doing yoga every day, meditating, and taking quiet time for myself in the mornings before work with a book and a cup tea (I gave up coffee :o). When I stop doing those things, I tend to get lazy and end up cooking the same meals back-to-back(-to-back!). So, a few nights ago I got back on my mat and took some time to myself. I’ve been making an effort every day since then to get a yoga practice in because I know just how beneficial it can be! I’ve been feeling more inspired already!
Last night I (of course!) still wanted noodles, but I decided to switch it up to a Mediterranean style noodle bowl. I made enough for 2-3 meals and am looking forward to having it again for my lunches this week. I’m also going to make my Greek Stuffed Sweet Potatoes for the rest of my lunches too, but I’m going to use harissa on the chickpeas instead of my homemade spice blend! Enough about me… Here’s the recipe! 🙂
- 300G DRIED LINGUINE
- 1/3 JAR MARINARA SAUCE, OR HOMEMADE
- 1.5 CUPS CHOPPED KALE
- 1/2 WHITE ONION, FINELY CHOPPED
- 1 ROASTED RED PEPPER (BROILED IN OVEN UNTIL BLISTERED AND BLACKENED), OR 1/2 JAR
- 12 KALAMATA OLIVES, PITTED IF PREFERRED
- 2 TBSP OLIVE JUICE (OPTIONAL)
- 3 TBSP CAPERS
- 5 TBSP VEGAN PARMESAN (I USE EARTH ISLAND SHREDS, BUT FEEL FREE TO MAKE YOUR OWN AT HOME BY BLENDING CASHEWS, NUTRITIONAL YEAST, AND SALT!)
- 1 TSP AVOCADO OIL
- SALT + PEPPER, TO TASTE
- BRING A POT OF WATER TO BOIL AND COOK LINGUINE UNTIL AL DENTE – ABOUT 10 MINUTES.
- WHILE THE PASTA IS COOKING, CHOP YOUR ONION AND KALE AND PIT YOUR OLIVES.
- SAUTEE ONION IN AVOCADO OIL IN A PAN ON MEDIUM-HIGH HEAT UNTIL SOFT, ABOUT 5 MINUTES. ADD OLIVES, CAPERS AND ROASTED RED PEPPERS AND COOK FOR 3 MINUTES. ADD KALE AND COOK UNTIL SOFT. USE SALT + PEPPER TO TASTE.
- MIX YOUR MARINARA SAUCE AND OLIVE JUICE INTO LINGUINE NOODLES, AND TOP WITH YOUR MEDITERRANEAN VEGGIES.
- SPRINKLE SOME VEGAN PARM ON TOP, AND ENJOY!