Happy Sunday, friends! I hope your weekend has treated you well and that you had the chance to get outdoors and enjoy the beautiful weather.
Before we all go back to work tomorrow, let’s take today to really treat ourselves the way we deserve to be treated. Whether that’s treating yourself with some new shoes, a glass of wine, a yoga class, a run outside, a tea date with a friend, or a delicious bowl of breaky hash.
My Sunday started at 7 AM – we don’t sleep in at our house (except for yesterday – oops!!)
I dropped Jeremy off at work for brunch service (he’s a fancy shmancy cook – and a great one at that!) and I came back home, turned the kettle on, and started cooking for myself. The rest of my day is going to be spent doing some yoga, taking Rocwell for a walk, taking a bath, and getting some school work done. I’ll probably pop back into the kitchen later on this evening to make some extra lunches and dinners for the week! Almond butter noodle bowls have been calling my name all… week… long… #cravings
If you follow me on Instagram (@labellesslife) you might have seen me cooking up a storm this morning… Well… If you missed it, here it is!
Sweet potato + white potato breakfast hash. Spinach. Tomatoes. Black beans. Sautéed veggies. Serrano peppers. Lime juice. Vegan cheesy goodness. And of course, Sriracha.
If you don’t have Serrano peppers on hand, don’t worry, you can literally use ANY other kind of hot pepper you prefer. This is just what we had in the fridge this week! If you don’t have any hot peppers at all, fear not! Use extra Sriracha and spices!
This recipe serves two (or one if you’re super hungry like me!) – great for a cozy brunch for two, or to have leftovers for lunch the next day.
…I wish I had avocados and cilantro 😦 If you have ’em, add ’em!
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 2 russet potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup black beans, canned (drained)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 white onion, cut in rings
- 2 Serrano peppers, sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp each of ground cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- As much Sriracha as you want!
- Toss your diced potatoes (sweet + russet) in your spice mix and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Bake in the oven at 400F for 20-25 minutes, or until soft.
- While your potatoes are cooking, sauté the onion, mushrooms, and red pepper in the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Add your black beans to your sautéed veggies during the last 2 minutes of cooking to quickly heat them up.
- Assemble by starting with spinach, then potatoes, veggie + black bean mix, and topped with fresh tomatoes and Serrano peppers.
- Mix it all together with nutritional yeast and Sriracha, squeeze fresh lime juice on top and ENJOY!
Have a fantastic Sunday and again, make sure you treat yourself ❤